Friday, August 11, 2006

Mile zero

Location - The Plains, Virginia
Miles behind us - 0
Current Music - hundreds of songs being burnt onto road trip mix cds

I just came in from an evening spent cleaning, scrubbing, and waxing Speedblazer. Except for a few dinks and rusty spots, our chariot is looking quite nice indeed.

On the eve of our departure I really can't believe that we are actually going to make this trip happen. The piles of unpacked clothes, books, and other various luggage making passage through my room impossible serve to assure me that yes, we are actually leaving, and yes, I have much work to do before we go. Ever since I had the idea nearly a year ago it's been both the most exciting and the most far fetched of the things in my life. Who really takes four months and just bums around the country? We do.

I hope that this blog serves a few purposes. First and foremost, it will be our collective travel journal - something that we can look back to in the future to remember our trip. But it will also hopefully help to keep us in touch with you, our beloved friends and family. So check back from time to time, we'll be doing our best to keep this up to date with the trip's best stories and pictures. Next time I promise to have something worthwhile to say, I suppose I'd best be off to get packed so that I may make that happen.

-Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home